Standard and other historical sources were able to document that the subject property was vacant and agricultural land from at least 1936 until agricultural operations ceased between 1974 and 1981. Construction of the current office building and current utility building occurred in 1983. A 240 square foot utility building was constructed in the central portion in 1997 and was demolished between 2012 and 2016. According to the current owner representative, the property was only occupied by various daycare businesses from construction until it was vacated in 2019. The property has remained vacant since that time. Additionally, storage of equipment/vehicles for the property owner have occurred for several years in the northwestern and southern portions of the subject property.
This assessment has revealed no evidence of recognized environmental conditions connected with the property except the following:
* The subject property contains two approximately 1,000-gallon fuel above ground storage tanks (ASTs) and two fuel trucks abandoned in the southern wooded portion of the subject property, staged on bare ground. The ASTs were turned over and not standing upright but appeared to be empty. The exterior of the ASTs and fuel trucks appeared to be rusted. PM was unable to determine when or how long the ASTs and fuel trucks have been on the subject property and it is unknown whether any petroleum products remained in the ASTs and fuel trucks prior to their placement in this area. Additionally, the ASTs are not located within secondary containment or on a paved surface. The potential exists for spills, leaks and/or dumping of general hazardous substances and/or petroleum products to have occurred on the property and negatively impacted the subsurface.
No adjoining and/or nearby RECs have been identified.